We stopped by Sephora’s gorgeous Union Square spot today to sample some of this season’s hottest trends in our quest to #wrappthesummer. Brooke Young, personal beauty advisor, filled us in on all of Sephora’s summer must-haves. Here are the top five products you’d be sorry to miss (in no particular order):
1. Origins Modern Friction – Nature’s Gentle Dermabrasion
2. Josie Maran Argan Oil
3. Giorgio Armani Face Fabric
4. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment
5. Ciaté Caviar Manicure
1. If there’s one thing that everyone knows about summer, it’s that skin is in! In order to keep your body’s largest organ looking its best, be sure to take time to exfoliate. Our favorite product is the Origins Modern Friction, a gentle micro-bead cleanser that sloughs off sluggish cells and even goes as far as removing and repairing skin damage. A product that helps us keep our skin healthy and looking good? Sounds like a win-win! Also, always remember that exfoliated skin is the best surface for sunless tanning lotion, so if you’re getting the bronze from the bottle (try St Tropez Gradual Tan Lotion), be sure to scrub at any dry spots first.
2. Want to get the beachy waves and low-maintenance look without the harmful drying effects of ocean water? First stop is Josie Maran’s Argan Oil. Give the flat iron a rest and opt for a more natural look! Apply several drops of the Josie Maran Argan Oil to towel-dry and combed hair to keep it soft and supple throughout the day. If you are afflicted with split ends, Argan Oil can help reduce the fuzzy appearance of damaged hair. Alternately, if your hair tends to get dull during the day, run a drop of Argan Oil through it to keep your mane looking shiny. Got some extra Argan Oil on your hands after you apply? No problem! Argan Oil makes a wonderful moisturizer for your skin as well.
3. As we said before, summer is the season of skin, and there’s one foundation that really keeps our skin looking perfect. The Giorgio Armani Face Fabric not only adds a sheer coverage to keep us looking great, but is also made to fight the oils that frequently invade our summer makeup look! It has SPF protection to keep your skin youthful and is made with a Micro-fil technology that adds fluidity. Stop into Sephora to have a makeup artist help you find an exact color match and leave the shine to the sun!
4. In order to master the super-trendy bright glosses for this summer, your lip care routine must be on point! Our favorite lip products come from the Fresh line. Begin at the beginning — use the Fresh sugar scrub to keep your pucker exfoliated, then seal in the smoothness with the antioxidant-rich polyphenol lip treatment. Keep your lips super smooth and you’ll be ready to integrate the awesome neons that are so hot this summer.
5. Finally, the finishing touches! In recent months, top bloggers and brands have been following the nail art fad, and the Ciaté Caviar Manicure has really been hot. Since Adele wore a jeweled look from brand Ciaté, the British polish has been flying off the shelves. In order to get a fun summer look, check out the caviar manicure, in either black pearl, rainbow, or mother of pearl. These fun kits create three-dimensional manicures that are as glamorous as they are unique.
By: Arianna Sanders